Reaching the end of the month and so Arora 0.4 has been tagged. No major features this time, just consistent improvements and polish (there was some downtime as I moved back to the states this past month). You can download the Arora 0.4 source or head over to the Arora project page where binaries for your favorite distro are be uploaded (and if it is missing feel free to contribute one!).
- New source viewer with search and syntax highlighting.
- Make middle click on bookmarks menus open the user in a new tab.
- Added the ability to change the language from the Help menu.
- Double left click location bar selects all of the text.
- Incorporate Jens Explorer style into Arora on Window for a better look and feel on XP and Vista. http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2007/06/08/explorer-style-toolbars/
- Change the "icon" on the next/prev search for RTL desktops: next points to the right, and previous points to the right
- Various RightToLeft fixes for for Mozilla's bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=219070
- When the url scheme is https make the location bar background turn yellow.
- When the history is cleared also clear the recently closed tabs list
- Always populate the location bar with the completer
- Only shrink the toolbar icons on OS X.
- Only offset the search widget text when using Qt 4.5
- When clicking on a bookmark in a folder in the toolbar emit the proper signals to the url is opened.
- When dropping text on the webpage load the url
- When the location bar has focus don't change the text.
A big thanks to everyone new who contributed to this release.
Benjamin C Meyer email@example.com
Diego Iastrubni firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason A. Donenfeld Jason@zx2c4.com
Jakub Lužný email@example.com
Christian Franke firstname.lastname@example.org
Matvey Kozhev email@example.com
Ariya Hidayat firstname.lastname@example.org
Josef Kufner email@example.com
Adam Treat firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel Albuschat email@example.com
Vincenzo Reale firstname.lastname@example.org
Tor Arne Vestbø email@example.com
John Schember firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Lee email@example.com
Zack Rusin firstname.lastname@example.org
Simon Hausmann email@example.com
Marius Bugge Monsen firstname.lastname@example.org
Gergely Nagy email@example.com
Chris Hills firstname.lastname@example.org
Carlos Júnior email@example.com
Things are looking up for the future releases. Beyond what is planned for Arora, WebKit trunk has been merged into the Qt snapshots which will bring lots of goodies from SquirlFish Extreame to OGG video.